Donnelly Centre Summer Undergraduate Research Program
Apply to our summer undergraduate research program to learn about biology and biomedical science through hands-on experience with some of the latest technologies.
- You will be conducting research in the laboratory of a top tier scientist.
- You will attend research seminars and interact with leading faculty in the fields of systems biology, computer science and bioengineering.
Students are expected to engage in no fewer than 12 weeks of full-time research, beginning in May.
In order to participate in the Donnelly Centre Undergraduate Research Program you will be expected to:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a Canadian University* immediately prior to the engagement and are expected to return to full-time studies at the end of the engagement.
- Secure a supervisor
*International students should first review opportunities on the website of the Center for International Experience prior to contacting a Donnelly faculty member.
To find a supervisor, read about our faculty members to find potential supervisor whose research interests fit yours.
Contact your potential supervisor with the following:
- A cover letter that outlines why you would like to work with them, including your understanding of their research
- A description of your own research experience and career goals
- An up-to-date resume that includes your program and year of study
- An (unofficial) transcript
You may be eligible for an NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA). To learn more about NSERC USRA go here.